Brantford City Hall is the home of the municipal government of Brantford, Ontario, Canada. The building is located at 100 Wellington Square, and was opened on Canada’s centennial in 1967. The architect, Michael Kopsa, designed it as an exemplary model of brutalist architecture. It replaces the old Brantford Town Hall that was built in 1849, and demolished in the seventies.
Designed by Michael Kopsa and built in 1967, it is exemplary of Brutalist architecture. It has been home to Brantford City Council since its move from Brantford Town Hall (built 1849), which served the city from 1877 to 1967.
The old town hall was demolished along with Market Square to make way for current Eaton Market Square retail complex.